There is no secret for everybody that the autumn-summer period is distinguished by increased epidemiological threshold. At the same time it is absolutely not important, how this year one will «call» the respiratory virus; the important thing is that it is transmitted by droplet infection and affects the respiratory system in the first place.
However, what to do, if the virus has finally attacked your body?
Today we provide our subscribers with 10-TOP most helpful advices on how to fight against respiratory diseases:
- First of all, do not leave a cup filled with the warm liquid (whether it is tea, stewed fruit or fruit drink). Drink, drink and drink again.
- If you want to eat, please eat, but only if you want. It is better to take something light or liquid. In the absence of appetite, it is not worth to load the body by force.
- Be sure to wash your nose with salt solutions, what is the hygiene and hydration of the upper respiratory mucosal tunic.
- Ventilate your room as often as possible; you should have the wet cleaning at least once a day. The room should not be dry and hot.
- It is important to constantly monitor the temperature of the body and to take antipyretics when increasing above 38,0-38,5.
- Procedures in the form of rubbing the chest by animal fat, laying on mustard plasters, etc. are not recommended during the acute febrile period, and indeed they have more likeness with psychotherapy.
- In case of disorder in the upper respiratory tract (nose, throat, larynx) no expectorants are needed — they will only reinforce the cough.
- Interferons for topical and internal use are medications with unproven efficacy.
- Remember that viral infections are not treated with antibiotics.
- And, finally, the most important thing! Do not self-medicate! Appreciate your health!
Don’t forget that acute viral infections can be very dangerous and insidious. The usual, at first glance, cold can grow into the strongest bronchitis, otitis, sinusitis, etc. in just a few days. For this reason exactly, do not delay your physician visit at the very first signs of the cold.
Love yourself and be always healthy!